Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Proposal...

It's finally happened! I'm wearing my engagement ring...and it's more beautiful than I ever imagined!

And, because Tom is awesome, he made the actual proposal as unique and surprising as he is.

On Friday night, Steph and Tom and I were hanging out. I was craving something sweet, and so I asked Tom to get the maple candies that were in the cupboard for me. He did, and after awhile I opened the box and handed one to Steph, and took one for myself.

"Trade with Stacie," Tom orders Stephanie. We exchange a worried glance: what's wrong with that candy?

But, because we're suckers, we traded. I noticed that my candy was heavier, but I thought that I was just making things up.

It was only when I took the candy out of the wrapper and saw what was written on the bottom that I understood. "Marry Me?" was written on the bottom of the wrapper. Pressed into the bottom of the candy, was the engagement ring.

I probably squealed or screamed. I'm not really sure...I remember discarding the maple candy in a way that is probably sacrilegious, and thrusting the maple candy at Tom so that he could put it on my finger. I didn't even say "yes" until he asked again! But, needless to say, the answer was, of course, affirmative. The ring is also engraved in the style of us: "We are super, super awesome" it says on the inside. And, yes, we are!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Glenn said...

That is the coolest fucking thing for a ring to say ever. It sounds like it came directly off the tight shirt of a lesbian Japanese girl. Fucking A!

Back Road Runner's Pack said...

wow, thats such a original proposal! I was wondering how he did it..that sounds like u guys too-inflated self righteous, comical maple obsessed PEOPLE, who are super awesome! can't wait til the wedding...